(The heart in the inside of the bride's wedding dress? Made from her father's work uniform (he passed away seven years ago). Her mom had it secretly sewn into the dress. A fantastic way to remember without getting too sad...)
Who knew that Gloucester, Massachusetts was such a fantastic location for a wedding? I mean, probably like you, I associate Gloucester with George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg looking especially scruffy and handsome in A Perfect Storm, not a seaside wedding locale! But, when I saw these pictures, I fell in love with the rocks, the ocean and bride (and her hair of course)!
But... I fell even deeper in love with the bride after I read her very honest, super funny answers to BB's questionnaire. Coffee may have even made its way onto my computer screen after I read the answer to question #9. I DEFINITELY wasn't expecting what I read, and yet I totally loved and appreciated her honesty. Seriously, if the wedding industry had bloopers (that were actually funny), this would certainly make the top five!
What I really loved? I loved how candid Betsy was with how she felt about planning her wedding. She found it extremely time consuming and stressful. Brideys, some of you won't enjoy the process, and that's okay! You can still have a lovely wedding even if you didn't like planning it! Betsy didn't, and her wedding was totally FAB! So, brideys, I hope you enjoy this whimsical seaside wedding and Betsy's candor... I know I did!
1. Bridey, how did you meet your spouse? (The short and sweet version please.)
Technically, we met in fifth grade. We had always bounced around the same group of friends throughout high school, and college. Then around the age of 26 we both bounced into the same group at the same time. He was oblivious, but I totally crushed on him for an entire summer before I finally made my move. What was my move you ask: Going straight up to him at a concert and telling him that we should make out. Real smooth huh?!
3. What was the length of time between the engagement and the wedding?
4. If you had to rate your wedding planning experience on a scale of one to ten with one being shitty, and ten being awesome, how would you rate it?
5. What was your favorite part of the wedding planning process? Least fave?
My favorite? I really had two... One favorite was spending time with my mom and sister. They were so supportive and kept the whole planning process light hearted and fun; I couldn't have done it with out them! The other was getting to know my husband better. I thought he loved me before, but I knew he really loved me after watching me go bridezilla on him a few times.
6. Did anything go wrong (that you were aware of) at your wedding? If so, we’d love to hear about. Allow us to learn from you, bridey!
8. What advice do you wish you had before started planning your wedding?
9. Looking back, would you have done anything differently?