Let me start off by saying that our company must have some sort of magnet for the crazies.
Crazy #1, "The Drunk Groom"
Our company was hired by a bride and groom for their rental items. They requested delivery and set up the day before (nothing out of the ordinary). We arrived late afternoon the day before as promised with every item they rented. Set up was perfect, all good to go. Around 11:00pm that night, my phone rings. It's the groom. He's screaming that we were late and that the color is not at all what he wanted. It took us a while to actually make out what he was saying between the screams and slurred speech. My husband takes the phone and tries to explain that it is impossible for us to be late...everything was already set up and your wedding is tomorrow. And as far as the color, what are you talking about you saw the swatch beforehand. Somehow this man thought that it was going to look different in the room. He then demands that we switch out everything for a different color, which is impossible since it is now 11:30pm on a Friday.
We try to explain that this is the color they ordered, we even send pictures of our linen swatches to show him. This only infuriates him more; he claims that he wants my husband to go there right now so he can kick his ass. Yes, this man on the night before his wedding is trying to fight us. My husband tells him to calm down, he's getting married tomorrow, and everything they ordered is there and ready to be used. The groom goes ballistic saying "How dare you f***ing threaten me?! You piece of sh**! You scumbag! I'm going to find you RIGHT NOW!” My husband responded, "Ok then, see you soon." We never heard from him again.
The day after their wedding this man is supposed to be on his honeymoon (it was a destination wedding) enjoying his new bride, but no. He takes to the internet viciously bashing us everywhere he could, claiming the owner threatened him, we refused to help them, we were late to their wedding, and that everything was filthy. This was in 2012.
It is now 2014 and the man continues to stalk our company. Every few months we will receive notifications that he is updating his review or publishing reviews on companies that he thinks are related to us.
Crazy #2, "Crazy Naked Bitch"
We were hired by a woman for a party at her home.
So, bridey, there are like three scenes in this engagement shoot, and I love each and every one of them! It's a cultural, romantic and playful session all wrapped into one. Lately, I've been pretty obsessed with not having a boring engagement shoot, and Namrata and Jason totally succeeded in avoiding the mundane! As you enjoy the pretty pics, I'll let Namrata take it away and tell you about how she and Jason got together.
From the bride: We met on match.com; he sent me a cute message on if I had my pumpkin carved since it was around Halloween. It took a month of messaging back and forth and then I finally meet Jason in person at lemon bar in Atlantic beach.
Namrata, you are completely stunning! Lovin' the scenery...This is a steamy pic!Stunning...
Guillaume + Michelle, Michelle + Guillaume, OMG, could ya' bust over this "Up" inspired styled shoot? I mean... It's exactly what I needed. So, today, I chose to show you something else besides a real wedding, because when I saw these pics, I instantly became happy. And honestly, even though you would never know it (because I'm fucking fantastically gifted at masking my melancholy with a smiley face), I'm kinda going through a bit of a rough time personally, and I was desperate for a smile. Needless to say, when I saw all of the rainbows, and eye candy, I couldn't resist.
As you browse these spectacular photographs (side note... spectacular is my dad's favorite word; true story...) I think you will agree with me when I say that Michelle + Guillaume are adorable. Seriously, you'll see it in every.single.photograph. And, Michelle is totally my kind of girl. This chick can hardly stop laughing throughout the shoot, and even though I wasn't there, it's obvious that she is having the time of her life, and it's heartwarming (see, I'm totally mushy right now...). Anyway, before I start crying, I'll shut up. Enjoy!
LOVE the balloons and all of the color!!Michelle is so trying not to laugh, right?Amazing save the date. Amazing dress. Amazing jewels.All of the color and the cake are absolutely kickass!!Look at that kiss!! Michelle, I LOVE YOU!! You are too funny trying supress that laugh!Utter happiness... So quirky and cute!Um, gorgeous jewel toned flowers (dying over the butterflies!) and beautiful tea length dress!I can't even...Guillaume + Michelle, Michelle + Guillaume you are fabulous! Thank you for "up"lifting BB's spirit!
Photographer: Samantha Marie Photography
Floral Designer: Flowers by Chelsea
Transportation: Gangster For Hire
Invitation Designer: Little Bee Impressions
Cake Designer: Nana and Mama's Sweet Tooth
Beauty: Oasis Salon
Dress Store: Pancsofar's Bridal Boutique
Etsy Designer: Sally Bateau
DIY or Handmade Goods Designer: Simply Sisters Boutique
Beauty: The Nail Artistry
Bridey, there's been some serious hype about the awful way brides treat their bridesmaids these days. So, after the millionth story I've heard in like two weeks, I thought I would throw in my two cents because I just can't stand it anymore! The problem is, is that I could probably throw in a fucking dollar, and nothing would change. Because this seems to be an ongoing dilemma. A dilemma that doesn't change no matter what anybody says or writes or who says or writes it! So, let me give it another shot.
Back in February of 2013, I wrote about how to keep your bridesmaids happy, and now I have a little more to add. This time I will keep it simple so maybe it will sink in:
1. Throw a bash! Bridey, once you have asked your girls to be your 'maids get everybody together, and have a little party. Perhaps some of them don't know each other or know each other well? Then this is a perfect way to introduce them. Party with them, drink with them and have fun together! By the time your wedding rolls around, these chicks will be psyched to see each other which will make your day even that much more exciting! (Even better? Invite the groom and his men. One of my clients met her hus-to-be at an initial gathering of the 'maids and men! True story.)
2. At your big bash, ask them what they'd like to wear on your big day. That's not to say that they can have carte blanche, but let them know that their opinion is valuable and important, and then work around their feedback. After all, they are (most likely) paying for the dress! At least give them a shot of being able wear it again! (Best way to do that? Little black dress, baby!)
3. Accept them for who they are. Perhaps one of your girls is rockin' some crazy (awesome) hot pink hair or a new tat or a shaved head? Bridey, I know it's killing you, but don't say a fucking word about changing their appearance. Leave it alone. You asked them to be in your wedding, and they are supporting you, so it is only fair that you support their choices too.
4. Want the girls to look their best on your wedding day? Then it's up to you to pay for their hair and make up services. Bridey, they've dished out a ton of moola to be at your wedding (um, the bridesmaid dress, shoes, shower, shower present, bachelorette party, etc...), the least you can do give back. And while you're in the giving mood, I hope your girls enjoyed the bridesmaids gifts you gave them (something super personal, and thoughtful, right?)!
5. Get crazy with your girls! It's your wedding day! Have some fun! Order some champagne, and some food and enjoy this time with your 'maids. Focus on losing the "stress" and just have a ball; let go. I mean, you're surrounded by your best friends, getting all dolled up and you're getting married!!! Holy shit!! So, lose the stress and enjoy it!
Brideys, I know that you picked these particular girls for particular reasons, right? Right. When your big day has come and gone, I'm guessing that you'd still like these girls in your life, correct? Well, then it's up to you to take care of them the way you're expecting them to take care of you.
Image via StyleSizzle