Because There's Always Something to be Thankful for...
So, it's the week of Thanksgiving, and I swear that every time I turn around I see blog posts, FaceBook messages, and tweets about what people are thankful for, and why they are thankful for it. And I get it, I really do. But, as we near the actual day, I find myself getting a little bit eager to share with my readers what BB is grateful and thankful for too...
I know that I have earned a reputation for making the truth hurt, for being a tad bit bitchy and super honest, so I thought that I wouldn't go a changin' my 'tude because everybody else decided to be grateful and thankful for one day (maybe even a week) out of the year. So, I'd like to share a few painfully honest reasons why Bitchless Bride is thankful... I mean, it IS Thanksgiving after all... Mind if I share?
1. Ehhh hemmmm... I am grateful and thankful to have a particularly awful bridey bitch out of my life for good. Like after her wedding, I deleted her contact information, stood over the stove with her file and a lighter and seriously thanked God for getting me through it... And for getting me through with grace and professionalism. No really, I was so professional that my cheeks hurt from smiling so much when the night was over. Seriously, she was probably the most difficult bride I have ever worked with, and I would be lying if I said it was easy. So, I am grateful for the experience (I realize now that I have some contractual changes to make to my operation), but thankful it's over!
2. I am thankful for Bitchless Bride. While BB has hopefully been educational for newly engaged brides, theraputic for vendors in "the industry", and hopefully funny to those who stumble onto the site by accident, BB has truly helped me heal from these crazy brideys, and educate the "newbies" at the same time. I need BB. She's literally become my drug of choice these days.
3. My hus... I just can't seem to utter the word "hubby" aloud (or in text). The word "hubby" reminds me of a chick I once knew who referred to her husband as "hubby" so often that I don't think I actually knew the dude's real name for like a year... Yeah, and she drove that minivan like a demon, wishing she could live out loud for like a fucking day... No for real... So, you will never hear me say "hubby". But, I am grateful for the hus... He puts up with me... And as you might imagine, I'm a lot.
4. I am grateful for the Goose. Not the bird (as in the goose that shits everywhere), the vodka. Goose and me? Yeah, we're besties. I might talk a big game, but I really don't have much of a tolerance. But, I gotta say that after a long day and night of fufiilling the obligatory "Oh my GOD! You look A MAZ ING! You are the most beautiful bride ever! YES. YES. OF COURSE. YES..." I need to check the fuck out. And while I have yet to work with a physically ugly bride, some of you are so ugly on the inside that it's all I can do not to turn to my bestie, the Goose, before the night is complete. So Goose, for you I am thankful. A shot and half is all I need at the end of the night to start melting away the pain of the day.
5. Totally thankful for Planes, Trains & Automobiles. Yeah, I just watched it to get in the holiday spirit... you know for Thanksgiving? And in the opening scene, Steve Martin says, "They're selling cosmetics, not curing cancer." And all I could think of is how I am a wedding planner. I'm not curing cancer. I'm not saving lives. I plan parties. Right? I mean, the world (or the wedding) will not fall apart if the intermezzo isn't perfectly round. So, Planes, Trains & Automobiles, I am totally grateful for the laugh and dose of perspective.
Well, there you have it. This week, it's all about being thankful and grateful.
What are YOU thankful and grateful for this Thanksgiving?