A Completely DIY, Absolutely Incredible Bachelorette Party Style Shoot
I could not resist this one brideys. I HAD to share this with you. I mean, how could I pass up a sparkly, glittery, super hot style shoot? Right? The best part? The price! Holy shit! I am totally dying over this, and I am so excited to show it off, because it is completely obtainable!
So, enjoy the eye candy, and learn more about this incredible "party" as I ask Amy Lovlien, of True Emerald Styling and Planning, a few questions about how to achieve such a lovely outcome without being a bridey bitch!
1. This is an absolutely incredible bachelorette style shoot for a DIY bride. What was the budget?
$1,000 for food, beverage & decor.
2. How long would you say the DIY preparations took (from a normal, non-event planner perspective)?
The hardest part of this shoot was gathering everything needed. We used a TON of glitter. After you have every supply it would probably take about 15-20 hours for one person to complete everything (or two long evenings with some friends!).
3. Where did you procure the items necessary for the shoot?
4. What's your favorite aspect about this layout?
The glitter! I wanted to have a good flow for everyone. Having a table centered in the room made it easy for us to chat, walk around & of course grub out!
5. What advice would you offer a bridey-to-be or a bridesmaid regarding the plans for a DIY bachelorette party or even a bridal shower?
I would recommend deciding what your theme and concept will be early on so you have more time to make it unique! I think what most people don't know, is that many wedding planners love to help with these parties! So, tap into their resources because you may be surprised on how cost (and time) effective it is!!
6. I am absolutely obsessed with the glitter and color! Tell BB about your inspiration for this shoot...
Jamie Thrower of Studio 13 Designs and I are obsessed with glitter. Our main motto is to sparkle, and oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be a lot of ideas for this kind of theme. Actually, our main inspiration was the Ban.do party on Oh Joy!. Plus, I have a ton of friends getting married, and they are constantly asking what to do for a high class, low cost bachelorette party. So, Jamie and I thought.... What could be better than a cocktail party with all your closest girls?!
7. What advice can you provide to recently engaged brides about their wedding planning and other festivities surrounding the nuptials?
Right now time is of essence for all of us. Brides need to realize that weddings take hours and hours and hours (did I mention, hours). Get a planner, decide on your budget and stick to it. I tell all my brides to decide what is truly important to them and their fiancé in the beginning. I think one of the biggest walls that brides hit is when they are planning is going over board and forgetting what they are actually doing!
Brides, it's important to remember that you could potentially have three parties before your wedding (engagement, bridal shower, bachelorette party); keep this in mind for your guests and bridesmaids (and their pocketbooks)! Delegate early, and once you delegate it, let it go because you have other things to do! Enjoy it and don't sweat the little stuff! Everything works out in the end! I promise!
STYLING AND PLANNING BY: True Emerald
PHOTOGRAPHS: Studio 13 Designs